Bylaw IV. Membership
Section 1: Each school year following the completion of the first semester, NHHS students are inducted into the NHHS Chapter of NHS if they meet the National and Local criteria. To be eligible for active membership in NHHS’s Chapter of National Honor Society a student must:
- Be a student in good standing of New Haven High School.
- Demonstrate a history of:
- A minimum Cumulative GPA of 9.00.
- A minimum of 10 faculty member evaluations for each of the following NHS Standards: Leadership and Character.
- A minimum score of 75% on all categories of the Faculty Evaluations. Candidates are rated on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being outstanding. Scores are calculated by taking the average of the ratings for each of the standards on the evaluations.
- A minimum of 3 quarters on the Honor Role or High Honor Role.
- A minimum of 2 examples of volunteer or charity work.
- Be actively involved in at least three school or outside activities or organizations.
- Have a desire to maintain and expand a high level of scholarship, service, leadership, character and citizenship.