Congratulations to who scored a on the ACT. is now eligible for the State of Missouri's Bright Flight Program. She qualifies for a $3,000 scholarship renewable for 4 years through this program. Way to go!
For more information about when universities or colleges are visiting NHHS please contact Mr. Peirick. These are excellent opportunities to ask questions of college reps about their campus. If your child is thinking about college they should come and meet with the reps.
The College Database has created a no-cost resource dedicated to higher education in Missouri. The goal of the page is to help students and their families research and identify campus, online and hybrid learning opportunities in Missouri that fit their needs.
The Missouri colleges page includes a complete look at the state's community colleges, public universities, private colleges, technical schools and distance learning options. College hopefuls can then find potential schools using our proprietary search tool, which allows quick and accurate searching by institution type, setting, size, city and cost. Students can also see the best colleges in Missouri for...
- Current and future service members
- Student-teacher ratio
- Women in technology
- Return on investment
All data used on the page and in our search tool comes from government databases such as the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) and the Integrated Post-Secondary Education Data System (IPEDS). You can check out our Missouri colleges guide and the search tool here:
Want to take practice ACT test in 4 subjects? Want to brush up on a subject you are currently struggling in? Then go to http://www.varsitytutors.com/practice-tests for thousands of written problems and ACT practice tests.
*Scholarships Now Available*
(All scholarships have different requirements. I will list the main requirements, but it is up to the
student/parents to determine their eligibility for each scholarship) Pick up scholarships from Mr. Peirick or click on the links provided.
Healthcare Scholarship - Due Dec. 31, 2016
$500 scholarship - Application can be found online at https://www.medicalassistantdegrees.net/scholarship/ Application is due Dec. 31, 2016.
Varsity Tutors Essay Scholarship - Monthly winners
Medical Assistant Scholarships
Patriot Guard Riders of Missouri Scholarship
We are offering this scholarship to one deserving Missouri student who qualifies within the following categories:
(1) A son or daughter of one who has given their life in the line of duty, including both military and first responder (police/fire).
(2) A son or daughter of an honorably discharged veteran who has passed after their term of service.
(3) A son or daughter of a veteran or first responder disabled in the line of duty to the extent that providing an advanced education cannot be easily realized.
Pick up application from Mr. Peirick. Application is due to address on application by April 1, 2017.
Vantage Credit Union - Due Jan. 13, 2017
Must have a Vantage Credit Union account. Apply online at vcu.com Application is due Jan. 13, 2017.
$2,000 Scholarship available at the following link
Be sure to read the rules and follow all directions.
Elks Legacy Scholarship - Due Feb. 3, 2017
$4,000 scholarship - Applicants must be children or grandchildren of dues-paying Elks members. You can find the application and submit online at enf.elks.org/leg Applications are due Feb. 3, 2017.
Cyberbullying Prevention for Teens Scholarship - Due Feb. 28, 2017
$1,000 scholarship http://www.parentinn.com/scholarship
Missouri Gaming Association Project 21 Scholarship - Due March 1, 2017
2 - $1,500 & 4 - $1,000 scholarships - The Project 21 Scholarship Program provides Missouri students an opportunity to disseminate their message by writing an article or creating a poster or video addressing the issue of underage gambling. Pick up application from Mr. Peirick or check your email. I sent an email to each senior that has a copy of the application attached. Must be received by March 1, 2017.
Tuskegee Airmen Scholarship - Due Jan. 26, 2017
40 - $1,500 scholarships. Scholarships are based primarily on academic performance, financial need and two essays. Pick up application from Mr. Peirick. Applications are due no later than Jan. 26, 2017.
Washington Elks Auxiliary Scholarship - Due Feb 6, 2017
$1,000 scholarship - Must have a 2.5 GPA and complete application. Pick up application from Mr. Peirick. Application must be postmarked by Feb. 6, 2017.
Callaway Energy Center's Women In Nuclear (WIN) Chapter Scholarship - Due March 10, 2017
(2) $1,000 scholarships - Applicant must be a male or female pursuing a career in electrical, gas, or nuclear power generation including engineering programs in electrical, mechanical, civil, nuclear, computer science, or administrative assistant programs or programs in business or technical schools. Pick up application from Mr. Peirick. Application is due March 10, 2017.
Missouri Society of Professional Engineers, St. Louis Chapter Scholarship - Due Jan. 13, 2017
(2) $1,000 scholarships - Applicant must have a 3.0 GPA and a minimum score of 29 in Math and 25 in English on the ACT. Must also be planning to enroll in an engineering program. Pick up application from Mr. Peirick. Application is due to address on application by Jan. 13, 2017.
Dr. Darrell "Jack" Holley Scholarship - Due February 3, 2017
(2) $2,000 scholarships - The Dr. Darrell “Jack” Holley Scholarship application (click here) is now available. Application must be typed, printed out and turned into Mr. Peirick by February 3, 2017. Only one applicant can be submitted from each school district, so they need to be turned in earlier than what is posted on the application. This allows the selection committee to choose New Haven's application.
James L. & Nellie M. Westlake Scholarship - Due February 1, 2017
Application can be accessed at www.scholarsapply.org/westlake Applicant must have a 2.5 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale and a family adjusted gross income of $50,000 or less. Application must be submitted by February 1, 2017.
National Defense Transportation Association Scholarship - Due March 1, 2017
(2) $4,000 & (2) $2500 scholarships - All students may apply, but preference will be given to those students pursuing degrees in Business, Transportation Logistics, & Physical Distribution. Pick up application from Mr. Peirick. Applications must be postmarked by March 1, 2017.
Kansas City Associated Equipment Distributors Scholarship - Due March 1, 2017
Applicant must be pursuing a degree in Heavy Equipment or Diesel Engine Repair. Pick up application from Mr. Peirick. Application is due March 1, 2017.
American Legion Department of Missouri Scholarships - Due April 20, 2017
Several different scholarships are available for different degree interests. All applications have the requirement that the applicant must be a child, grandchild, or great grandchild of a veteran. Pick up application from Mr. Peirick. Applications are due April 20, 2017.